View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29   #12
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
True but the reality is unless you are loading rounds for national rifle competitions. Spending $350 as opposed to $100 for essentially the same thing and just not having the conveniences of a printer, remote etc.

I have the Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph and like Ron can chrono in the confines of an open outdoor action bay as a RSO at my club.

If you need the extra remote and what not go for it... I'll tell you though I've used mine to chrono rounds for sanctioned idpa/uspsa competitions three years now and mine has been dead on par with the OEHLER and other official chronos used.
I agree, even though I have an Oehler, I wouldn't pay $600 for one today. Yes the screens are almost flawless & I use mine almost everytime I shoot, still not worth that kind of $$. The CED is just as accuate, even the Chrony line is accurate, the better screens are just easier to get 100% results. With my friends Chrony BM, we would miss as many as 50% of the shots. It's why so many Chrony's get shot. Also why he bought a CED.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 03-29-2012 at 12:31..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote