View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 20:05   #53
Schrag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgoul View Post
Lol, NOT

I went to "a" range in Tel Aviv about 2 years ago because a friend of mine, who is American, a University professor, admitted to me that she had never fired a firearm in her life.
Cutting things short, I lend her my glock 19, and rent a Bull 45 full frame (too big for my little hands).
Need to be said, In more than 3000 rounds with y g19 at the time, I never had any incident, but the 19 did this time, the range officer then tried to clear the weapon, and shot MY range table, less than a feet from my hand, and tried to pretend nothing happened.
I left the range, a year later, the same "range officer" was involved in an accidental discharge that killed a guy coming to figure out what weapon to buy.

I still feel bad that I didn't "RAT" on him at the time.

My last trip to the range was frustrating, but nothing like that. I took a day off on Monday to take care of some errands, and in the afternoon I decided to head to the indoor range. It was perfect because I got there just before things picked up. I checked in, got my targets, and set all my stuff out on the range table. Then I realized I forgot the key to my gun lock - a cable-through-the-magwell style lock. It's usually on my keychain but I had moved it a while back when I took the other vehicle to the range.

I could have rented a gun and bought the ammo they carried, but that would have cost quite a bit more. I just looked through their guns for a while and then left. I wasn't mad or anything, just a little disappointed. Browsing at the gun store beats sitting at my desk at work, after all.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote