Originally Posted by ES13Raven
I'm trying to decide between a G26 and G27...
Why I want the G27:
1. I have 2 other .40cal handguns - ammo would work in all
2. Bigger round, more stopping power etc.
Why I want the G26:
1. Holds 1 more round than the G27
2. Less recoil, get back on target easier
3. Ammo is much cheaper
4. Easier for Fiancee to shoot if needed
I am leaning towards the G26, but am concerned that the 9mm and short barrel = less stopping power, so the G27 might be a better choice.
Where can I find ballistics comparing the G26 & G27 vs. normal barrel lengths?
Get a G27 with a Storm Lake G27 40-9mm conversion barrel and have both! I did...
Also a G23 40-9mm will fit in the G27 as well and give you a full 4.02" gun.
Speer GDHP 9mm 124 +P run 1220 fps 410 E from a 4" barrel.