View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 22:43   #14
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001SportTJ View Post
I had a TLEII and I liked it. The only thing that turned me off about Kimber was that my barrel got surface rust on it and when I called Kimber their "customer service" pretty much told me that it happens sometimes and that it doesn't affect the function of the gun. Not the kind of customer service I expect on a gun that costs that much money. I sold it and got a Ruger SR1911. It was a good gun, but I don't think it is a good candidate for a base gun. I just picked up a Loaded Springfield and all I can say is wow. If I could do it all over again I would have just gotten a Springfield in the first place and been done with it. They have great customer service and an awesome custom shop for when you want to upgrade later down the road.

Here's a pic of the barrel rust on the Kimber for the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd...

1911 Forums
Oh no pics needed to prove Kimber barrel rust, they rust in the gunshop case around here (they really do)

They do not finish their barrels like most 1911 makers and thus they show surface rust pretty easily. I agree that sucks about them.

Springfield makes a darn nice 1911 as well. Not sure which I think is "better" between Kimber & Springfield. Kinda like Coke & Pepsi to me I guess.

I am thinking maybe a Magnum Research 1911 is next in line for me

Last edited by Ruggles; 02-06-2012 at 22:44..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote