View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 22:37   #13
2001SportTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I agree with this

Maybe even go with the Kimber TLEII if you want checking on the front strap someday (as a upgrade I mean) it would be cheaper to buy a 1911 that already has it.
I had a TLEII and I liked it. The only thing that turned me off about Kimber was that my barrel got surface rust on it and when I called Kimber their "customer service" pretty much told me that it happens sometimes and that it doesn't affect the function of the gun. Not the kind of customer service I expect on a gun that costs that much money. I sold it and got a Ruger SR1911. It was a good gun, but I don't think it is a good candidate for a base gun. I just picked up a Loaded Springfield and all I can say is wow. If I could do it all over again I would have just gotten a Springfield in the first place and been done with it. They have great customer service and an awesome custom shop for when you want to upgrade later down the road.

Here's a pic of the barrel rust on the Kimber for the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd...

1911 Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
2001SportTJ is offline   Reply With Quote