View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:46   #5
BBJones

DD and Centurion are both top notch. Your price on the Centurion seems very high. I prefer their rail to DD (although both companies are top of the food chain). Attaches to stock barrel nut and easy to mount dismount; locks up tight. Centurion has a more accurate CL barrel. FN barrel finished by Centurion (similar to Noveske's N4 barrel). Double CL m249 steel yada yada ... long story short they are CL barrels that are step up from most in the accuracy dept but not SS accurate.

Why do you want a MUR upper on the Centurion? that might be throwing the price off. Contact Weapon Outfitters or JD Machine and see what they can do for you (both stock and Centurion products and build uppers etc). As for BCG I would use any of the following: BCM, DD, Colt, LMT.

Also did you ask for a mil discount? I bet they whack a bit off the price.

I own both a DD and Centurion and you can't go wrong with either. If I were to give advice to a friend that wanted one AR, I would say C4 rail and Centurion barrel.

ETA - why the gasbuster? Are you going to run suppressed? If not skip it. BCM Gunfighter would be my choice and save you 40-50.
ETA2 - Not sure if you are a follower of RB1 (Jason Falla) but I think he said he is coming out with a signature carbine with Centurion. Since it has his name on it might command a premium $.

Last edited by BBJones; 02-03-2012 at 12:02..
BBJones is offline   Reply With Quote