View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54   #3
TexasGlockster

Back Again...

Hey Mas, I recently bought a copy of your book and its an amazing read! It has really opened up my eyes to a lot tactical situations I had never even considered. The chapter on close quarters combat techniques has led me and a friend of mine to start practicing some of the techniques you suggest at a gym nearby.

I also read your chapter on self-defense ammunition. It was a very interesting survey of the different calibers and how effective they are as self-defense weapons. I didn't quite find the FMJ v. JHP comparison that I was looking for when I asked my previous question. I also asked in caliber corner for some of their thoughts and they reiterated some of your statements. I guess what I'm looking for are concrete examples of situations where either a FMJ was used to the detriment of innocent bystanders, or where JHP was reviewed to be superior to FMJ rounds in self defense situations. Being a lawyer, my wife has access to court cases so that is an option. Any reference material you can of that has real world implications or examples would be great. I'd love to just say to her, "JHP ammo is better, even Mas Ayoob says so," but I don't think that would get very far.

THANKS AGAIN!
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote