View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 15:13   #19
sBad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGxyz View Post
If you haven't cleaned out the copper colored lube, I would pay somewhere around the GSSF price in a face to face buy. Maybe +5% since I save the 10% sales tax here.

A Glock with the number of rounds you say is as good as a brand new one - you've removed .00001% of its life as a trade off to starting the smooth out process that comes from shooting it. As long as it isn't a lemon and hasn't been dropped or otherwise damaged.
K, I'm new to glock, I noticed the copper colored lube and have heard about it when talking about cleaning a glock, but what is the significance of it? It's just lube right? Sure if it is present on a used gun you know that it hasn't been shot much but couldn't that also mean that maybe the person cleaning it didn't do a good enough job? Sure it's a glock and if you pull the trigger it will go bang, but I clean EVERYTHING off of my guns and then lube/oil them (hasn't caused issues yet, no gun that I have has had a malfunction) honestly that copper lube was gone after the first time I cleaned it (after 100 rds)
Bushmaster AR-15 ORC
sBad is offline   Reply With Quote