View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 13:30   #6
JBarbaresi

the weather was nice today; not a cloud in the sky, about 50 degrees, and only gusty winds. i put about 300 rounds through my gen3 g19 that recently got their own set of the RB1 sights this week. the break down was 250 rounds of 147gr speer lawman, 50 rounds of 124gr federal HST, and 15 rounds of 147gr federal HST that have been rotated out of my carry stash. after the question was raised about POI at closer ranges than 25 yards, i decided to do some testing at different distances today. i'm no pro, but i think the targets show that there is very little variation from 5 yards through 25 yards, and the ammo and shooter probably have more to do with those than the distance did.

i started with the 147gr lawman at 5 yards, then pushed back to 10, 15, 20, and finally 25. each target got 5 rounds. after i was through all distances with the lawman i switched over to the 124gr HST and repeated the testing (shooting 6 rounds at 15 yards because i knew i pulled one as soon as it happened). i can't say i was surprised, but it was interesting to see how much flatter of a trajectory the HST maintained all the way out to 25 yards vs. the lawman.

i'm now close to 1k rounds using the RB1 sights between my two g19s and what little learning curve there was is now behind me. i am still very pleased and will almost definitely be putting these on all my future glocks and keep my fingers crossed they are released for some other models as well.

here are some pics.

Sights, Optics and Lasers

JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote