View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 20:18   #14
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreybehr View Post
gwsanfor
I've measured the grips of my 31G4 and 20SFG3. Measuring front-to-back and at 90 degrees to the line of the front of the grip, the 20SF is longer than the 31's by 0.08" in the top finger groove, 0.10" in the 2nd groove, and 0.08" in the bottom groove.

I think that if a Gen-3 fullsize grip such as your 22's is very comfortable for you and NOT too long (front-to-back) for your hands, an SF frame might also feel about that good...but the 20SF frame is bigger, if only a tad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsanfor View Post
FYI anyone considering a G20sf, I got mine and ran 300 flawless (locally available weak PPU 180gr JHP, American Eagle 180gr FMJ, and Blazer 200gr TMJ) rounds through it yesterday. It does not feel any bigger to me than a G17/22. The gun is stupid accurate out of the box, and the recoil is no worse than anything else I shoot (that may change when the Underwood, Hornady, and Georgia Arms ammo arrives today, and when I get the shell plate in to load more interesting rounds). Going to chrono everything Saturday.

It's my new favorite Glock. Oh yeah, and I got the Armorer's price from Ed's Public Safety, shipped overnight. Ed's totally rocks.
I am definitely shopping for a 10mm Glock. Probably a 20sf.

My question is how does the Gen 2 20 grip compare in size to the Gen 3 20SF? I have found a Gen 2 20, locally.

Does anyone know of a reference source for grip dimension (front to back, side to side. Either inches or mm) between the different generation and sizes (ie: full size 9/40, 20/21 Gen 2/ Gen 3/Gen 3 SF)?