View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 17:48   #58
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Few places have the frequency of police shootings like SoCal. I know people like to sat things like "the Corbon round has good street cred", but does anyone know of an acutal police department that issues Corbon ammo?

LAPD, LASO, SDPD and most of the surrounding areas comprise tens of thousands of cops, in an area where police shootings are almost routine (unlike most PD's) and those places use 147's.

I always get a kick out of "street results" compiled from places where they almost never have shootings. I worked in the most densley populated part of the country in a large county. The number of times a cop's bullet hit a badguy in a given year could be counted on two hands. I could say things like "The Newark PD has had good results with their ammo" and it would be meaningless.
We have a local department that averages 7+ OIS per year. They've been using, coincidentally, 147gr Ranger Talon.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 01-21-2012 at 17:49..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote