View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:11   #100
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
You raise good points. Did you ever try 148gr wadcutters in the snubbie? They are soft recoiling.

Going to the PK380 was a good idea, since that is larger and heavier than an airweight snubbie, and shoots a less powerful round, thus keeping recoil down.
Well my aunt had a SP101 that is quite heavy (26oz) compared to the Walther (19.4oz) so I don't think it was the weight. The fact that the slide of a semi-auto absorbs some of the recoil is why most can shoot a semi-auto easier and more quickly while staying on target. With a revolver, all of the force is directed back into the frame. This may not be the case for everyone, but it was for my aunt.

I have semi wadcutters in .38spl. and no matter how low recoiling of a load, I can still shoot my sub-compact 45acp guns (even with +P 230gr. ammo) quicker and more accurately.

Like I said, most people perceive guns in a different way. The .380 is a lighter recoiling round, but is plenty for defense. My SP101 sees very limited use by accompanying me on bike trips, otherwise it's a semi-auto 99% of the time.

I like revolvers but usually prefer the bigger frames like my GP100 or Redhawk. I see advantages to semi-autos like faster reloads, less recoil, quicker follow up shots and a slimmer profile. Many would not agree with me and that's fine since what works for me may not work for them. Considering we're all individuals with different tastes and wants, it shouldn't really be any different when choosing a firearm for recreation or defense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 01-15-2012 at 11:12..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote