View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19   #98
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
Not trying to exasperate the argument in this thread that was started for no reason but I figured I'd comment before this thread got locked.

I've owned many small semi-autos in .32,.380,9mm and 45acp. I've also owned quite a few snubs in .38spl and .357. For me, I can shoot the smaller semi-autos faster with much less felt recoil.

I guess it depends on who is behind the gun and what their individual capabilities are but I've let quite a few women shoot my snub nose revolvers and not a single one liked it over the semi-autos. The last one I took to the range was my aunt.

Remember, whatever firearms someone chooses for carry, make sure it's a gun that will be practiced with enough on a regular basis.

These are my opinions and should be taken as just that.
Snipped to prevent wall of text.

While I completely agree with you in theory, I have had the opposite experience with women I have taught to shoot, or helped get better - with the sole exception of my 62 year old arthritic mother, every single one has handled a J-Frame well, both with standard ball loads and 158gr +P loads. They all also appreciated the simplicity, and the fact that they didn't have to rack a slide, which most of them found somewhat difficult. My mom now has a S&W 327PD for her night stand, and absolutely loves the thing, even with full house .357 Mag loads.

However, you are 100% correct, that each shooter (man and woman) needs to determine what works for them, and go from there.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote