View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 20:50   #42
jaklcrow

I have been bouncing around a few options lately since I just started carrying a 9mm; I always carried a .40 or .45 until recently.

Right now its between 115g Gold Dots, HST 147g +p, and 100g Corbon Pow-r-bals.

Its probably going to be the HST or Corbons that I go with, and the 200 rounds of Gold Dots will be backup.

I am really on the fence about the Corbons and never would have considered them if I didnt get 2 recommendations for them lately.

Dont berate me for this because I know it could be a dumb reason to choose a round, which is why I am still waiting to test them for myself, but...

I work with 3 former Operators, and the newest guy to come on just got out of it and into the private sector within the last few months. He has been doing military executive protection and special forces firearms training, among other things, for the last 20 years. Hands down his preferred 9mm round are the Pow-R-Balls. He has used them for their intended purpose for quite some time, and knows how well they work.

So that right there is a pretty powerful endorsement IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaklcrow?feature=mhee
jaklcrow is offline   Reply With Quote