View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 20:05   #88
manonmars
Spaced Out

COMMENT...

Last summer, on a hot morning, I was walking on a BLM road with my Big Dog (NO, not my g-30)

I was carrying my Kel-Tec P-11, which I rarely carry, because it is not fun to practice with..but it was hot................ already.

My dog flushed a fawn, chased it, got it by the neck, and was convinced that this was breakfast.

This was about 30 yards ahead of me, so I knew I was too far away to Physically do anything in time......

I am not into killing fawns.

So I grabbed my P-11 and fired off a round into the dirt about 20' in front of me, hoping to shock my dog into releasing the fawn.

He did, but not because of shock, but because I was yelling at the top of my lungs!!!!

Afterwords, in thinking about it, I did NOT even feel the recoil from the P-11,................... which I do very much when I am plinking with it.

SO............conclusion.............get a reliable gun you feel comfy with, and practice until you get good with it.

If you ever actually need to use the gun to defend anything, any recoil/uncomfortableness/etc. is meaningless...you won't feel it in real life...

...But get something with capacity. 22's have killed a lot of people. (NOT endorsing a 22 for Pers. Prot).

You never know how many ZOMBIES might be attacking at one time................