View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:20   #48
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Then let THEM choose. If 10% were to chose snubbys, I would be shocked. We as men have to stop attempting to take our experiences, our wants and needs, our likes, and expecting women to make the same decisions.
Hey, now that sounds like an idea. My wife loves revolvers and totally hates semi-autos. If I were to get her a Ruger LCP she'd not carry it and would be reluctant to shoot it since she's just not comfortable with a semi.
Now, knowing that she likes revolvers I bookmarked a few the other day for her to look at. The first one was a Taurus snub with a 2" bbl. She didn't like the shorter barrel even though I thought she would. When I showed her the Ruger with the 3 1/16" bbl. she liked it because it had a longer barrel, to figure. Best thing is take her to a gun shop, let her get a feel for a few different guns and explain the good and bad points of each. Then, let her pick so she'll feel like she's been part of the process and that way she'll be happy with the choice.

P.S.
Still think a revolver would be best and still think the 327 Federal Mag beats out the 38spl +P and 357Mag in a small revolver.