View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:17   #36
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Actually, a snub nose revolver is a very good suggestion for certain people. There are a lot of people who want to arm themselves, but refuse to be proficient.....they might shoot it once, or not at all. This is just the cold reality, and we MUST accept it, whether or not we think things should be done differently. Personally, I'd rather these people be armed, and can confront evil with self dignity.......rather than beg for mercy.

Since anyone with half a brain can learn how to operate a snub in about two minutes, it is a very good suggestion for these people. If they ever have to use it, they'll be able to defend themselves.......and, most everyone will be able to shoot one well enough to stop a threat, if not make nice looking groups on paper.

There are some very mild shooting standard 38spl loadings that are just right for these people.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you say......and, my personal choices for ccw are automatics.

ooc

General Firearms Forum
Right:

And if someone is going to go shooting once a year, there's no way the best suggestion is a nasty recoiling pistol with terrible sights and a horrible, long trigger.

A 9MM LCP, a G19GEN4, and so many other pistols are much, much easier to to shoot accurately, and especially so when training is minimal. But if the main focus is to get a new person into shooting and CCWing, and keep them for a life time, I can think of nothing worse to suggest than a snub nosed .38/.357

Last edited by M&P15T; 01-14-2012 at 07:18..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote