Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 18:08   #8345
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
: shocked: I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya!
Suuuuure you are.

Why not? I've been doing it. : whistling:
Yeah true. I guess you know you've been cussed a couple of times and made me cry a lot of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
The fact that it still bothers you means you probably still need to work on that issue..
Doesn't mean I want to.

Please continue. You have been a great help to Wolfe's recovery.
Yes, he has. I sometimes wonder why someone who never even heard of me before he read this thread would spend so much time and energy on me.

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure Lone_Wolfe is cussing you right now. : rofl:
I cuss her anyways, and she cusses me.

Wolfe, you need to keep visualizing a different outcome for your dreams. I think it was beginning to work before you changed theaters. You need to do this as often as you can, at least 4-5 times a day, and especially when you lay down at night.
Yeah, that did seem to be starting to work before I found out I was coming here. I'm still trying to visualize, but so far no luck yet on the dreams. They're ugly. Hopefully that'll change. My PA here said I'm going to get be rotating my sleep made like I did before to try to get them to work a little better, because I'm getting very little sleep and it's really starting to wear on me.

As for your fear and anxiety for being over there, I want to point out that you have been there for several weeks and you aren't dead yet. I'm sure you haven't told us some things and it's easy for me to say, but I think it's time you can say "screw it". Do your job the best you can for as long as you're able. If you die or get hurt again you do, but you can't live in fear. That's not the XXXXXXXX that Silent Runner knew pre-Afghanistan, and that's what you should try to return to. I know she's still in there, somewhere. You're just a little older and wiser now. And you hurt more.

I want you to know that I pray for your protection and healing every night. Even if I don't say much it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you. I know I'm not the only one.
I've been saying 'screw it' all along, but so far something inside me doesn't agree with that. A part of me would be relieved if one of these Afghani's kills me, but I think I'm more afraid of getting shot again and having to start all over again recoevering. Not a fun thought. Older and wiser, maybe. I like to think so. Hurt more, that's an understatement.

And you know I thank you for the prayers.

Quote:
Dear Heavenly Father,

I come before you to pray for our friend, Lone_Wolfe. I pray that you would send your angels for protection over her in Afghanistan and all the days of her life. Be with her and wrap your loving arms around her and give her comfort and peace.

Lord, she has paid a big price for her service in the wars, and I ask that you would give her healing of her physical and mental problems. Cast out her doubts and fears, and rid her mind of nightmares and demons. Be with those who are caring for her over there, and give them the knowledge and foresight to know what to do for her. But above all, Lord, I ask again for miraculous healing of her chest. As Jesus healed so many during his ministry on this earth, I ask you to heal her so that there is no doubt where the healing comes from. Remove the scar tissue and inflammation from her cartilage, and mend the bones of her ribs and sternum. Release the bound connecting tissue from her lungs and heal them, and allow her to breathe. You have said "with God all things are possible" and "ask and it will be given you" and "with faith you can move mountains", so I ask you to give her this healing. Let her wake up one morning and say "Wow! I don't hurt today!" Lord, increase her faith and draw her closer to you. Let her feel the presence of your Holy Spirit.

As we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ this week, we think about all of the healing he did, and of his wonderful gift of salvation, and it's in his Holy Name that I pray, and that we have our hope. Amen.
I really, REALLY hope he's listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Amen!
Thank you. How are you feeling?

Quote:
Wolfe, read posts 5672 - 5685 and 5712 again. Good stuff. They should be on your files from engineer.
I started reading, but haven't finished yet. That part's hard to read, if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
That should start on thread page 227, Ms. LW.
Got the CD in and page loaded, thanks to you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote