View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:14   #18
RustyDaleShackleford
Giblet Head

Got my barrel, gas tube, and replacement bolt catch roll pins in.

My lower receiver's now fully complete, and my bolt and carrier group, stripped upper receiver, and upper parts kit should be here this Thursday.

As for the flash hider, I guess I'll just go with the standard A2 flash hider with the closed off bottom. Should be good enough, especially since I don't plan on doing any night shooting anyway. When I buy this, should it come with a washer? And what's the difference between peel washers and crush washers?

I'm pretty sure I wanna attach a free-float handguard, but I also like the look of the standard A2 front sight base on AR-15's. I've been doing some reading, and it seems that these are compatible, so long as you measure the handguard to make sure it allows room for the FSB. True? Again, I'm using a 16" midlength.

But that makes me worry that I won't be able to use a scope, if and when I decide to mount one... Issue? Because I've also read that if you're looking out past x4 zoom, you won't even see a FSB.

If I do that, I'll probably just get a rear MBUS from Magpul to finish out my rifle!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
If you need something more powerful than a .45, you need something more powerful than a handgun.

Last edited by RustyDaleShackleford; 12-17-2011 at 10:16..
RustyDaleShackleford is offline   Reply With Quote