View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55   #17
RustyDaleShackleford
Giblet Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Free floating will still make a difference on a chrome lined barrel, especially if you use a sling mounted to the handguard for shooting offhand, or if you mount a bipod.
I know I'm missing something here because I'm an AR-15 noob, but why does putting a sling matter in accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Honestly, you should have ordered a complete upper. Putting one together and getting the gas system lined up, and properly securing the gas block (assuming you don't have matched holes in barrel and gas block for taper pins) can be a real pain in the ass.
I'm not too worried about it. Like I said, I've got a relative who's got lots of experience and all the necessary tools and all, and I'm gonna get him to help me out when all my parts come in.

After looking around, I know I could've found an upper for cheaper than I've already spent on all my upper parts. But I couldn't find an upper with all the specs and features I wanted, or at least not for cheap. I spend more than absolutely necessary, but this wasn't a $400 budget gun. I invested some more dough in the parts that I wanted higher quality on, and cut where I didn't think quality mattered as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
If you need something more powerful than a .45, you need something more powerful than a handgun.
RustyDaleShackleford is offline   Reply With Quote