View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 23:57   #64
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
Thanks CM, Had venison steak last night w/my wife. Quite tasty. Lots of work in between butchering, but freezer is full now, so we're good for 2 months at least in terms of meat.

Hope everything is nice down there in the longhorn state.

Best,
Kegs

You are more than welcome amigo! You earned it.

I had a really cool note wrote up here and it all just vanished when I hit the button !

How are things here you ask ?

We've had 1" of rain here in a year. The fires have almost took out the ranch. Many ranches are toast all around us, and most all live stock has had to be sold off. No water at all !

My brother took his little boy out behind the ranch house here the other day and he did manage to cull out a small 8 point on his first true "still hunting experience." My brother was more excited that his son.. ha.

The fires and the drought has been beyond description. I don't even know where these deer are getting the water. I tell you, there is NO water here. But they manage, and so will we as well. its a hard country, and you grow up havin to deal with many hard things, and we will get through all this.

Nick I' going to post that deer pic and ONE fire pic that was on top of us, before the Gov got the helo's out here finally, and a cajillion fire fighters, thank God for them, and after a week or so got it out (for now), if ya want me to pull the pics let me know amigo, no problem. Hope ya won't mind.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

Again, Kegs, and all you guys 'good work', good hunting !
congrats Kegs, and good eating to y'all.

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 11-18-2011 at 00:00..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote