View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:26   #1
COLOSHOOTR

The truth about trusts???

I've decided to make the jump and get a can with my OT money from the last few weeks. I can get CLEO sign off in my county since he's tended to be pretty pro gun but I figured it would be better go go the trust route so my family can possess any NFA stuff I end up getting. I've been reading about NFA trusts for the last few hours and am more confused now then I was before I sat down to research them.

1) I read the Gun Trust Lawyer stuff and found a post from him that said a solid trust could run you $600. Yet, many people have spent little to nothing creating a Revokable living trust online or with software like Quicken Will Maker and have been approved by the BATF without issues. Is it really worth $600 for an attorney to do it or does the cheaper option actually work just as well.

2) I'd like to have a total of 3 other people (Wife, Father, Brother) allowed to have access/possess the can in case I am leaving or they use my rifle for the day. I have heard that can be done on a trust but I've only seen stuff for single parties online so far. Does that mean I'm going to have to spend the $$$ for a attorney to set it up then just have to wait for some more OT to afford the can or can I set it up myself and still have the extra cash to spend on the can?

3) If I will have to get professional help is there anyone you know who deals with this stuff and won't totally deflate my wallet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-George Orwell-
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote