View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 16:21   #43
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
WOW. I did not realize an agency can control what you carry when you are on YOUR time. I can understand when on their dime and time, but when you are in the woods hunting you should be allowed to carry anything you want.

I do not own either of the specific guns you are asking about but do have 1911's and Glocks. Lets say after my trip in the Mississippi river a week ago where the canoe tipped and I ended up in the water I was glad I had my glock instead of my Kimber. I was not worried about the finish or functioning of the gun. I know if needed to Glock would fire and operate properly. I cannot say the same for the Kimber. It is picky enough when dry and oiled. With the silt and particles in the river who knows.
Yeah, my agency is on the militaristic side. Being paramilitary has its benefits, however off duty weapon selection isn't one of them.

I am salivating over the Delta Elite, though I am starting to think the G20 will be more practical for my purposes. Who knows? Maybe I will end up with both.