View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12   #236
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1861 View Post
I am not going to read the 10 pages of posts.

Quote:
The Confederate Flag today has nothing to do with racism
. Some people or groups that are racist may have adopted it, but it is just a flag. I am very proud of the Confederate flag, I actually have 3 Confederate Flag tattoo's, and 1 that is flying in my yard right now. I am very proud of my herritage, and my family that fought and died under that flag.
How could that be? is not the confederate flag the symbol of the Confederacy?

What did the Confederacy stand for? Despite the revisionist history put forth by the Neo Confederates today who have swallowed the myth of the "Lost cause" started by the losing confederates right after the war The evidence of what the Confederacy stood for is plainly stated in the confederates own words before and during the war.

Quote:
On March 21, 1861 (less than two weeks after the Confederacy had formed its constitution), Confederate Vice-President Alexander Stephens delivered a policy speech setting forth the purpose of the new government. That speech was entitled “African Slavery: The Corner-Stone of the Southern Confederacy.”

How much more racist can you get than to believe that by virtue of your own race you have the right to enslave someone of another race?