View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 14:13   #148
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccop View Post
I worked with one partner for about a year. He was a better driver and I was better using the MDT and digging up information. He would roll his eyes whenever I put us out over the radio for traffic stops (all the time).

One week I was away on annual leave and he stopped a suspicious car with out of province plates (from Washington state) on a quiet residential street. He had not put himself out on a traffic stop. When he approached the car he recognized the driver as one of our local mutants and opened the driver door. The driver put the car in reverse and the constable found himself sharing the front seat with the driver in a fist fight as the car careened across an intersection and hit a stop sign coming to a stop. During this my partner tried to broadcast on his radio which somehow ended up on another patrol district channel. They both spilled out of the car and the suspect managed to get both snaps undone on the holster during the fight (Safariland 070) with only the internal retention left. Fearing a gun grab he drew his pistol and continued to fight until cover arrived. It was a fresh stolen that had not been reported yet.

My partner never rolled his eyes at me again when I always put us out on traffic stops. He's lucky that he didn't end up on our memorial wall.
Wow that was a close one for your partner.