View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 19:14   #2
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
I bought a bicycle to help get into shape. Now that the weather is getting better I can’t even look at my bicycle without my four year old wanting to go along, As you can imagine it is not much of a workout when a four year old is riding her own bike with you. My solution was to buy a bicycle trailer. I thought a bicycle trailer makes sense for hauling a kid and working out. Also it could be real handy during SHTF.

When it is empty you don’t even notice the trailer on the bike. However when you have some weight back there it is another deal entirely. With my 40 pound daughter I dropped down two gears on level ground. Coming to any grade and it just got miserable. I just went on half of my normal route and I am whipped. Anyone who plans on using a bicycle or a bicycle and trailer better get used to riding it before they need to use it for real.
Not for nothing but you should cherish these days....they don't last forever, my son is 16 and my daughter more or less ran away from home. Forget it. I think you'd move fast with a pack on your back...a trailer would most def slow ya down.

Last edited by Lugi; 05-05-2011 at 19:15..
Lugi is offline   Reply With Quote