Thread: New 1911 Owner!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 18:04   #21
00Glazz

First off,

Thank you everyone for the welcomes and answering my questions etc I really appreciate it. Second off yea I thought the punisher grips would be cool looking, But after seeing some of the awesome VZ grips I don't even like the punisher ones anymore!! VZ makes a lot of nice grips! Also I didnt think about it that way knedrgr, I am going to take the advice on not getting the punishers haha.

Yea at $387 total for shipping, gun, and ffl xfer thats an amazing price and I couldn't believe it until I was told its on its way! I am pumped to start shooting this 1911 and customizing it a small bit. Gunna have to get used to it though since I am used to all striker fired weapons etc. I can't wait though!

Another note about my reloading endeavor, I just went out and got a Lymans 49th edition manual today. The girlfriends brother has been reloading for a good 10 years or so. I also am trying to get an older buddy of mine to start teaching me as well. I actually have it down to a point, I made 25 of my own rounds tonight with 6.0 grains of Unique powder. 230gr plated berrys bullets, winchester brass, and CCI large pistol primers. It was actually pretty fun and relaxing. I cant wait to get my own setup, kinda pricing everything around. Debating if I want to drop a couple hundred on a Lee kit and some extra components.

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to get back to everybody as best I could after I got off work :P Thanks again everyone! I am having a blast with all of this! If anyone has some reloading stuff or 1911 stuff for sale let me know haha! Thanks! Hope everyone is having a good night, I will be on all night now.

Cglaspel
00Glazz is offline   Reply With Quote