View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41   #477
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
Yes as a cop I have seen people shot with small caliber pistols and its less than impressive. I have also seen the results of people hit with bags and 2x4's and it was far more effective. Seriously anyone considering the .22 for defense needs to have their head examined. The round was designed for target practice and small game hunting. It was not designed to stop lethal attacks from human attackers. You won't find any respectable firearms instructor recommend a .22 long rifle for self defense.
Pat
Pat, I was in LE for 34 years in a large city (many years as an investigator). While I agree a 22 is not ideal for self defense I've see quite a few shootings with them. I for one would not want to be shot with one, particularly out of a rifle. Faced with one I would retreat.

I think I posted my experience shooting a barricaded armed subject with a 22 rifle earlier. A 22 is better than nothing and certainly better than a bow staff or sharp stick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote