View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44   #111
Z28ricer

Send a message via AIM to Z28ricer
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
Do you drop your gun fairly regularly as you're working under cars ?
Is it somehow getting entangled in clutch cables ?
Every now and again, is it jumping out of it's holster and landing in your toolbox ?
Because unless you're you're using a very, very sad holster, the pragmatic BS detecting side of me is trying to imagine the extra wear it's getting in your holster that mine's missing, or the "Big Chance" that you're taking working on cars.

I have worked under/in/around my car wearing my pistol, a Novaks Hi Power at the time...Had all my interior out, replaced my brakes, my suspension, tranny pan blah blah blah, but most of the time, i'd put it on the seat or my toolbox lid, not because i was worried about "wear" but just because it was the comfortable thing to do.

anyway, sorry for the thread crapping OP, whatcha get ?

Whats a clutch cable ?

Does that go along with a "carburetor"

Yes sometimes its convenient to remove your weapon, however i've had to deal with working on cars competing in events, where it sometimes isnt gonna work for me to just relocate it, put it somewhere safe. Time may not allow, or sometimes just cant reasonably do it for other reasons. Its had its fair share of scrapes on asphalt as I rolled over on it, or slid under a car and my shirt moved a bit exposing it.

Junkyards searching out a part sometimes ? Hey they like to use rocks for flooring, cant just place your pistol up on the cowl of the car at the junkyard and go unbolting a differential now can you ?

Like I said before, having high end guns that carefully fitted, sweet, however the difference between a full race motor blueprinted to that last .00001" or the perfectly matched to .001% valvespring seat pressure on every cylinder might be nice, but plenty of production engines get people down the road every day reliably.

Dont claim everyone needs a ferrari, or porsche, to get to the grocery store
Z28ricer is offline   Reply With Quote