View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 22:53   #65
kimberguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
I saw the Kimber and Springfield in a local shop and I really liked them both however it seems Kimber has more options in the higher quality line. I could very well be wrong as I don't have much experience with the nicer quality 1911's. I do like Wilson Combat however they are more expensive than the Kimber by a fair amount. I'm honestly not wanting to spend more than $1,200, but I am willing to spend up to $1,500 out the door. That being said I've really liked the finish of the Kimber Eclipse for a long time now (ever since I first saw one at a gun show about 3 years ago). I don't want to pay for a gun that only looks good because I also want to CCW the weapon so reliability is high important to me. Any feedback from owners or anyone who has ran one through it's paces is appreciated. I am mostly looking for any potential reliability issues as I have heard of people having issues with high end 1911's not feeding hollow points without issues. If there are any other brands in my price range that I should be considering please let me know so I can make sure I'm getting the best bang for my hard earned dollar.

Below is a link to the pistol I am seriously interested in.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214427494
I dont know if you have a local you deal with but I got a great deal on my Kimber from Kentucky Gun Co. I dealt with a little lady named Sarah and she was awesome. They had several Ultra Raptors and she took several pics of the grips on a couple that she thought were the best looking so I could make the final decision. She shipped that day and I saw my new toy 3 days later. Flawless transaction, great price and great customer service. BTW, The Eclipse was my second choice, I do love the look. Its a bit heavier but I think that finish will hold up better for EDC. I bought my Sig from her too and the transaction was as seemless as the first. I am probably gonna call her today and order the S&W M&P I've been eye ballin for a few weeks.

For what it's worth, I have 900 down the pipe on my Ultra Raptor without one issue. Love my Kimber =)

http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/ID/1848 It says out of stock but I know the website is not always up to date.

If you talk to Sarah, tell her the guy that named his Kimber after her sent you! lol

Last edited by kimberguy; 02-02-2011 at 23:05..
kimberguy is offline   Reply With Quote