View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 14:26   #55
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Once I was carrying my G19 in public, loaded and slung visibly in its Roni G1 carbine conversion kit, resulting in a shoulder weapon approximately the size of an Uzi. I was in civilian garb and was not mobilized at the time. I wanted to get the train home and I thought that its presence might freak out the station guards manning the mandatory security checkpoint. I had my gun license in hand when I was approached by one of the guards just before the checkpoint, which I showed. The guard inspected my license and asked me to take the magazine out of the pistol. I said that the gun was a pistol and not a rifle and pistols are supposed to be carried loaded [sic]. He consented and I went my way, later boarding the train. As I was acting normally, few people took any notice of this unusual weapon combination once I had passed security and I was not asked any questions, despite open carrying.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.

Last edited by Lior; 01-18-2011 at 14:30..
Lior is offline   Reply With Quote