View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:12   #14
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpet View Post
I've shot a lot of 230grn.RNs (plain lead, plated, jacketed) with 4.5grn. WST. A nice, soft, accurate load that runs well in all .45ACP pistols.

However, my everyday go-to, everything handload consists of a 200grn.LSWC w/5.0grns. WST. Superbly accurate, clean burning, easy recoiling and powerful it's only drawback is the SWC design which doesn't feed well in a lot of modern pistol designs (Glock, XD, etc.). For those I've subbed LRNFP (aka cowboy) bullets for just about the same results, slightly less accuracy.
Amen tj. That pretty much is my go to 45acp load; 4.9gr-5gr of WST under a 200gr something. I have moved to this bullet for all 45acps, feeds in everything & shoots pretty darn good. Reloading
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-12-2010 at 12:12..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote