View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57   #93
Meathead9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC View Post
do you guys have problems with bullets seating crooked? is it even a big deal? nothing terrible but noticeable by eye. am i belling the case too much or not enough? or is it just making sure the bullet starts straight? they tend to tip in the case before being seated. im running a dillon die set thru a single stage with an RCBS 9mm expander.
I had issues initially with XTP's seating crooked using the Dillon seater die. I tried both sides of the seater plug, and both RCBS 9mm seater stems in an RCBS 10mm seater die. I tried making sure the bullets were perfectly straight before seating. I tried seating them really slowly. I also tried slamming down the handle on my press to see if seating them faster would make them straight. The only thing that helped me was belling the cases more. I still get the occasional slightly crooked XTP, but for the most part they are all seating straight now. I did a google search, and found out that the 9mm XTP is difficult to seat straight in general. I want to try 90gr GDHP's, maybe 95gr MG JHP's, and 115gr MG or Zero JHP's to see if they are easier to seat straight than the XTP's are.

Last edited by Meathead9; 12-02-2010 at 12:23..
Meathead9 is offline   Reply With Quote