View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:51   #161
New2GT

Great thread, thanks for the writeup.

I am going to be flying with checked firearms for the first time next weekend. I am flying to GA to go quail hunting, so I will be packing a shotgun w/ 28" barrel.

My only question is, Mac's writeup focused on carrying a pistol in a small locked hard container which itself resides inside an unlocked (or TSA compliant locked) piece of baggage. What about for those of us with long guns who where the hard case itself is the luggage.

I plan on purchasing this SKB 50" double long gun case: http://www.amazon.com/SKB-Large-Doub...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I am ok checking this as a single piece of luggage and have it locked with only myself having the key/combo, correct? I do plan to have a few other items in the case in addition to the shotgun - some ammo, a knife, and what the heck I might as well pack my S&W 642 for legal concealed carry while I'm in GA. The ammo will all be in original cardboard boxes. This will be my only piece of checked luggage so the ammo, knife etc. will have to be locked in this same case.

Is this the correct way to go about it?

Any comments on that SKB case also welcome. I can't seem to find a Hardigg online that I can get shipped here as fast as Amazon Prime offers for a reasonable price. Pelican it seems the reviews are mixed.

Last edited by New2GT; 11-29-2010 at 09:57..
New2GT is offline   Reply With Quote