View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:47   #14
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22357 View Post
Just because it isn't what you would get, doesn't mean it isn't a damn fine rifle. In fact it's a clone of an M4A1, it just needs optics and a VFG, AN/PEQ2, M203, you name it!!
M4A1 clone is what I was shooting for--thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1811guy2 View Post
Don't listen to the haters, that is a damned nice rifle and your brother knows what he is doing. The carry handle with A2 sights will do you fine for the present. I have built many rifles that way for friends/family until they figure out what they want for optics. Once you decide on the optic, then pic up a Troy BUIS with it. The important thing is you can take your gun to the range in its present condition.
As far as accessories go, that is really going to depend on what you do with it. For the time being I would just get mags and ammo, then start saving for an optic. If you are leaning towards a defensive carbine, expect to pay $400-$500 for a decent red dot sight. An ACOG will cost double that. Once you have the optic, you can start looking at lights, VFG's and the like.
Congrats on the gun!
Thanks! My brother won an ACOG in a company raffle, lucky SOB. I'd never wish hard times on my own family, but if he happens one day to need to unload a few things, maybe I can get one cheap I was going to start out with flip-ups, but he said no--get the A2 sights & worry about optics later. Again, as a HD gun it's not the first thing I'd go for, so I'll probably stop at optics, BUIS and a grip of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1811guy2 View Post
They are called gazing balls, and they look awesome next to my yard gnomes and pink flamingoes thank you very much. No excuse me while I put a Calvin pissing on Chevy sticker above the No Fear sticker on my Dodge's back window.
Well played