View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 20:28   #2964
69stingray
427 ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
Bored would describe it too!

Hubby and I had plans for a night out tonight, but had a "mystery guest" coming in. My hubby's nephew is here for a long weekend from college. (my daughter and her hubby planned the big surprise.) The kids are playing video games...so I'm sitting here half listening to them, and half browsing GT.)

They seem to be having a good time.

My hubby was happy to see his nephew but a bit disappointed that we didn't get our night out alone!

He called it an early night, since he has to work tomorrow. BUT we have four days off TOGETHER next weekend. That almost NEVER happens during the school year!

We are going to "run away from home". (my daughter and her husband are temporarily staying with us right now.) We can't WAIT until next weekend!
I know what you mean the kids have been out of the house for so long now it would be hard to have them come back (for other than a few day visit). We have gotten really use to our privacy I guess. It's not that they wouldn't be welcome or anything if the need arose but.... and we really do enjoy it when they stay a night or two, especially the grandkids.

Hope you enjoy next weekend. I've still got a few day of vacation left to burn this year myself, so we may have to plan another little get way for ourselfs.