View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 15:15   #77
VBG23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Can't have it both ways. Either the government can control the markets or they can't. Your posts suggest they manipulate the markets every election cycle. That's every 2 years. So why would the markets sink at the end of the Clinton Presidency? Why would the markets suck during the ENTIRE Carter presidency? Why would FDR's third term STILL be mired in a Recession? Why would Ike's first term end in a Recession? If you say the markets corrected and the government couldn't do anything about it then you are by default admitting the the government isn't successful at controlling the markets...

I understand the relationship between a bubble and credit/money supply. But that's not the same thing as controlling markets. That's riding the wave. And if history is any guide it hasn't been done in any way shape or form to manipulate an election cycle. If you believe that I suggest you look at the current election cycle and PLEASE show me how the markets are working towards the Democrats benefit? How did the crash of the Tech Bubble in 2001 during the later part of the Clinton Administration benefit the Democrats and how come they couldn't manipulate it to their benefit?

Oh and BTW, nobody has yet addressed how a chart with a 110 year market history comparison validates the claim that Reagan's Executive Order signed in 1988 manipulates the stock market???? Which BTW pre-dates the whole CFR/Bilderberger nonsense...
I never said it was solely Democrats, and I never said it was solely government. I expressly said it was both parties and a combination of private and government entities. And if you understand bubble and bust then you understand someone has to inflate the bubble and the bust is the natural reprecussion. Whatever party is in power tries to inflate the bubble and prolong the good times until it finally bursts and whatever party is in power has to deal with it.

Don't start throwing Bilderberger and Tri-lateral commission stuff at me because I never mentioned that. All you are trying to do is minimize my argument without providing facts by trying to link what I am saying to conspiracy theories.
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.
VBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote