View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 14:36   #106
Hucklebarry
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacguns View Post
Oh boy, let me throw in my 2 cents, as a decendant of a Union Soldier who fought at Shiloh and decendant of another one who marched with Sherman through Georgia and made the Howl, I welcome the stars and bars as a symbol of "We aint going to take any more of your Bull****, and will defend what we believe in no matter what it takes". Northern born,bred, and raised (Michigan) I had grandpappy's in the 11th Michigan cavalry (Co F), 100th Indiana (Co B), and namesake (68th Ohio Co G), and I would bet all three seeing where their beloved country was headed, would wave their hats at those flying the "War of the Rebellion" as they called it, flag not just for southern rights anymore but like the Texan flag or Revolutionary flag "Don't tred on me" ...........one that stands for solidarity in action and I would fly and follow a flag like that right next to the National stars and stripes today. and I am as northern a "yankee" as it gets.

Thank you. I was talking with some friends just the other day, and I told them that there had to be at least ONE yankee up there that had a brain. At least ONE. I'm going to print this post and prove to them that I was right.

Thanks, again.
Hucklebarry is offline   Reply With Quote