View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59   #15
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCJim View Post
I don't own a Glock in 45acp, so the advice of the others on this particular model not liking the round should be considered sound advice. I would suggest that you crimp a bit more. In reviewing those pics, the round on the left round sure looks like it has some crimping room remaining before becomming excessively crimped. If you can get that case down tight against the bullet, it "may" help your problem.
The problem seems to be the rim of the extr case catching on the shoulder of the next round up in the mag. SOme have been able to tweek OAL to solve the problem, but it seems to be more the rarety than the norm. I shoot a lot of 200grLSWC in 45acp, but switching to a 200grLTC was only a mold purchase away & they are just as accurate, didn't even have to change my powder charge. If you shoot 230grJHP, then 230grRN are a great practice bullet. If yo ubuy Ranier or Berry's, the 200grTCFP works well as does the Berry's 185grHPRN.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote