Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 13:45   #387
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
Sister, I think the key to understanding your friends ultimate sacrifice may be found here... The Soldiers Creed-

The Soldiers Creed
I am an American soldier.
I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough,trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American soldier.

And those people you see standing near you just before you fall out...Angels.

Nice kitty story. Get well soon.

and now...

Company, FALL IN!
PRESENT ARMS
The Soldiers Creed is definitely a huge part of why he did what he did. The other part of the reason is because thatís the kind of person he was. I like to think Iíd have done the same thing if our situations had been reversed. I know and understand that, but I still wish heíd stayed down for just a bit longer. I also know that anyone with any humanity in them would wish the same thing. The part of thatís human is what feels the regret and even guilt about it. Iím dealing with it a better now that I have been, itís just taking time. And I am taking what you folks are saying to heart.

I like the thought of the people standing around me being GTíers that are with me in spirit. But Iíll take Angels. When we sleep we are at our most vulnerable. Thatís even more the case when Iím in an anesthesia induced sleep that no nightmare or external event can wake me from. Iíll tell you thatís itís a bit scary, and those visions are very comforting. I had another 2 nights ago the same night Mandy was on loan. As the drugs started to take effect I felt myself trying to fight them off and then a hand pressed on my shoulder and someone there said ďRelax, Iíll keep your backĒ. I hope things like that keep happening.

Iím working on the getting well part.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote