Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 13:51   #155
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....
You know, it may sound silly, but whatever it takes to get you through the dark times... For me, after the attack many years ago that ultimately led to my decision to carry a firearm, the worst of the nightmares lasted over a year. At the darkest times, when I couldn't sleep, and I reacted as if any person behind me was about to stick a knife in my back, my saving mantra was "You can't let them win." I'd say that over and over to myself, and just keep fighting it until the next day, and then the next day, and then the next...

I wish I could just give you a great big hug

I *promise* you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it may be a hard slog... Just keep fighting, giving yourself just one more day. That's the only battle you have to win- one more day.

You keep doing that, every damn day, and you *will* come out the other side in one piece.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote