View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:30   #171
Blast
'nuff said

Let's not forget Robert Kennedy was killed with a .22 Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver.

Kennedy had been shot three times. One bullet, fired at a range of about 1 inch (2.54 cm), entered behind his right ear, dispersing fragments throughout his brain. Two others entered at the rear of his right armpit; one exited from his chest and the other lodged in the back of his neck.[28] Despite extensive neurosurgery at the Good Samaritan Hospital to remove the bullet and bone fragments from his brain, Kennedy died at 1:44 a.m. PDT, nearly 26 hours after the shooting. Five other people were also wounded: William Weisel of ABC News, Paul Schrade of the United Auto Workers union, Democratic Party activist Elizabeth Evans, Ira Goldstein of the Continental News Service and Kennedy campaign volunteer Irwin Stroll. Although not physically wounded, singer Rosemary Clooney, a strong Kennedy supporter, was present in the ballroom during the shooting in the pantry and suffered a nervous breakdown shortly afterward.

And there have been a number of instances where people have died within minutes of being shot as well as instantly, whether by accident or intentional.

Would I make a .22 my primary? No, but I'm a good enough shot to feel safe with one if it's all I got.