View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12   #34
Retired Squid

Thanks Chuck for the info and I am sure he will be happy to have the info.

He told me that he traded a Rossi snubbie even for the gun and had bought the Rossi for $198 new some years back. He said he even tried to talk the person out of the trade, but they insisted on the trade. Or so the story goes, but he did say if he didn't like the gun I could have first dibs on buying it from him.

Not sure if I would ever really want it to use or carry, as I already have a S&W 642 and a FN 5.7 pistol with 30 round magazine for the bedroom. With small ones in the house I would not want to have a multi wall penetrator. Such as my DW 357, S&W 610 or even my S&W 642 38 spl that I used to put under my pillow before we had to take in the grandsons.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Say while I am at it here. I have a S&W K frame 22 magnum with a factory 22 lr cylinder assembly that is interchangeable and ser # K372XXX what does the book have to say about that model. I believe mine was an early model built the year the 22 magnum and the Model 48 was introduced. What say the book if you would not mind.

I love shooting the M48 and it has just recently come back from S&W for tune up/check out and was passed with flying colors. I have ordered a Taurus model 941 4" SS 22 magnum to replace the S&W as a regular shooter just to save the S&W from any more wear and tear from regular use.

I do not expect the Taurus 22 magnum to be any where near the quality and ease of operation of the S&W, but I do hope it keeps me happy while helping to preserving a fine model of S&W craftsmanship. I almost bought a nice S&W 651 22 magnum, but again it is another rare classic and being an eveyday used gun would be expensive for the gun would have set me back almost $700 for a plinker, so I went with the Taurus.

Last edited by Retired Squid; 11-19-2008 at 07:16..
Retired Squid is offline   Reply With Quote