View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 02:03   #300
broncobilly_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianHG View Post
I chose to carry not because I was ever a shot at, stabbed, mugged, threatened, or made a victim. I chose to carry because I flat out refuse to let that ever happen to me, anyone I care about, or anyone even near me. At the end of the day YOU are the only one responsible for your safety. YOU. No one else. If something bad is going to happen to you itís going to happen fast, you simply WILL NOT have time to call the police, and even if you do, chances are they will not get there in time. I care too much about my friends and family to risk letting anything happen to them. I hope that I am never in a situation where I will have to use my sidearm, but if I do I will pull the trigger without hesitation and without remorse. Because itís going to either be me or him, and a guarantee itís not going to be me.

I now carry with me everywhere I am legally allowed to do so, and if Iím not allowed to carry I still have some other means of defense.
Same for me. I've never needed it but have been carrying religiously since I turned 21.