Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lone Star Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Upcoming Texas GlockTalk Shoot (August 6) Roll Call! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396295)

AggiePhil 06-17-2005 10:33

Upcoming Texas GlockTalk Shoot (August 6) Roll Call!

Mark your calendars, folks! It's that time of year again! Time for the 2005 Summer Lone Star Glockers Shoot! This year it's going to be on Saturday, August 6, at the Allcorn Creek Shooting Facility in Bryan, Texas. That leaves plenty of time for us to spread the word, make openings in our schedules, and save up for guns, ammo, and traveling expenses!

About the Facility
Allcorn Creek (www.allcorncreek.com) is a very nice shooting facility with three separate grassed 35 yard pistol ranges (w/covered firing lines), one 100 yard rifle range (w/covered firing line), and various skeet/trap stations. Additionally, there is an indoor air conditioned pro shop with ammunition and rental guns available. We will have an entire pistol range to ourselves, on which to shoot pistols, tactical shotguns, and possibly carbines. As I mentioned before, all the ranges have covered firing lines, which will be much welcomed in the heat. We can draw from holster, draw from concealment, and shoot while moving. Many ranges won't let you do that! Each pistol range has berms on three sides, so we would have our own area to ourselves. And if some folks want to wander over to other pistol ranges and/or the rifle range, that will be fine too. He did ask that we refrain from shooting any full-auto guns though.

The owner of the facility is going to offer us flat range fee of $5 per person (it'd normally be $5 per person, per hour!). I'm predicting us to have at least 15 or 20 people show up, so this will be a great deal for all.

About the Location
The facility is located northeast of Bryan, Texas, about 10-15 minutes from Hwy. 6. I have posted a detailed map below showing how to get to the range from Hwy. 6 and Briarcrest. Bryan is located right next to College Station, and is in a good central location for people coming from Houston, Austin, Waco, DFW, and Tyler. I've also posted a map of Texas showing whereabouts it's located in relation to these cities. I have also posted some directions on the best way to get there from some of these cities, just to make things easier. I went to school in College Station for four years, and still spend about 1/3 of my time there, so I'm very familiar with the area and will be able to help out with any problems or questions (such as where to eat, drink, buy ammo, etc.). On the other thread that I started a while back about this get-together, several people said they would be willing to carpool with others coming from out of town. So if you are interested in doing that, please mention that in your roll call post.

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtmeetmap.jpg

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtmeetdetailmap.jpg

Driving from Dallas:
take I-45 South to Madisonville (145 miles)
take Hwy. 190 West to Hwy. 6 in Bryan (36 miles)
take Hwy. 6 South to the Briarcrest exit (2 miles)
go Left on Briarcrest to cross over Hwy. 6
Briarcrest becomes FM 1179; proceed Northeast and follow the detail map

Driving from Tyler:
take Hwy. 31 West to Corsicana (73 miles)
take I-45 South to Madisonville (91 miles)
take Hwy. 190 West to Hwy. 6 in Bryan (36 miles)

Driving from Waco:
take Hwy. 6 South to Bryan (85 miles)
take the Briarcrest exit

Driving from Austin:
take 290 East if you're coming from North Austin or 71 East if you're coming from South Austin
proceed East until the highway meets Hwy. 21 East (~40 miles)
take Hwy. 21 East to Bryan (59 miles)
turn Right (South) on Hwy. 6 in Bryan

Driving from San Antonio:
take I-35 North to San Marcos (~40 miles)
take Hwy. 21 East exit in San Marcos
proceed East on Hwy. 21 to Bryan (115 miles)
turn Right (South) on Hwy. 6 in Bryan

Driving from Houston:
take Hwy. 290 West (Northwest) to Hempstead (~50 miles)
exit and follow signs toward Bryan on Hwy. 6 North
take Hwy. 6 North to the Briarcrest exit in Bryan (48 miles)
take the Briarcrest exit
go Right (Northeast) on Briarcrest

Roll Call Instructions
If you are planning to attend, please post to this thread with any of the following information that you're willing to share. I think it would be nice to at least be able to put names and usernames with faces beforehand. I know that I forgot half the people from the last GT shoot I went to because I'd just learned their names that day. ;f

Quote:

Your name (first, full, whatever):
The location you will be coming from:
The guns you will be bringing and wouldn't mind letting others shoot:
Your picture (if at all possible):
If you are willing to pick up other GTers who are looking to carpool, or are looking to find a ride with someone else, please post that too. Also, if you would prefer to get a hotel room for the night after, feel free to mention that. And of course, post any questions or comments you have. :)

We will begin at 11:00 AM and shoot until about 4:00 PM (depending on what everybody wants to do). At that time, we will travel in convoy to C&J's BBQ, which has delicious brisket, among other things (great sandwiches too). After this, you can organize more plans if you wish, or those who want to can head back home (should be around 6:30).

OK, I think that does it for now. I'll post more as things come up. Thanks so much guys...it's going to be a blast. :cool:

P.S.-be sure to bring your own factory ammo if you're interested in shooting other people's guns

AggiePhil 06-17-2005 10:36

I'll be there!

Phillip
I'll already be in Bryan-College Station, but I live in Abilene
I'll have a GLOCK 30 (.45), a Winchester 1300 Defender tactical shotgun (12 ga.), and possibly a GLOCK 19 (9mm); all will be available for others to shoot

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/philgtmeetpic.jpg

:)

Soldat 06-17-2005 11:11

I will be there too.

Scott
Austin/Round Rock
I'll bring my 2 G20's, Ruger Gp-100, BFR in 475Linebaugh, Benelli M1S90, and Stoeger coachgun.

If anyone is intrested in playing with rifles, I have a Sako mk V in 300winmag and a Marlin 1895G in 45-70.

Here's a pic of me and my then pup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iljunkie/1.jpg

kjm1016 06-17-2005 11:42

We'll be there!

Kevin and wife, Leigh
from SE of San Antonio
I'll bring my RRA M4 carbine, my G23, and my H&R 1875 Officers Model Trap door Springfield. Leigh will bring her 9mm Baby Eagle.
See everyone there!;d ;+

Wildpony 06-17-2005 12:24

OK Im in. Ill bring my Colt 1911 and a G19 if I have it by then. Ill see what else I can come up with for the "oooh aaaahh" factor.

AggiePhil 06-17-2005 12:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Wildpony
OK Im in. Ill bring my Colt 1911 and a G19 if I have it by then. Ill see what else I can come up with for the "oooh aaaahh" factor.
Are we just to call you "Wildpony" and recognize you by the horse's arse? ^8 ;e

P.S.-see the lower portion of the opening post

davevand 06-17-2005 12:50

I'll be there.

Dave
NW side of Houston.
Glocks, G19, G23, G22. Ruger GP-100, SP-101. HK USPc 45, CZ P-01. maybe more.

Definitely need to room.

rattfink1 06-17-2005 13:27

1 Attachment(s)
Brian
North Dallas Area

I will be bringing:

Glock 22
Glock 19
Beretta 92FS
KelTec P3AT
Bersa Thunder .380
Russian Takarov TT-33
AK-47

Of course the list is subject to change at anytime. Hopefully it will be larger.

You will have to excuse the picture. Its the only one I had at work. My wife would shoot me if she knew I posted this one.

ShipWreck 06-17-2005 16:09

Be there too. But, I don't wanna give out info on the board. Sorry. I do live in CS, though. I may also have 2 co-workers with me as well.

Hey, does the range now supply target stands? A co-worker said he went last year and you had to have your own...

AggiePhil 06-17-2005 16:12

Quote:

Originally posted by ShipWreck
Hey, does the range now supply target stands? A co-worker said he went last year and you had to have your own...
They have low-ground stands that hold sheets of cardboard. Since we're going to be shooting so much (and will be shooting shotguns), I'm going to attempt to bring some large sheets of cardboard with me to replinish (refrigerator boxes?). But if anyone here already has a lead on some cardboard (hell, and maybe some extra target stands too), that'd help me out a bunch.

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/keepmovin.jpg

Slotback 06-17-2005 17:32

I am going to try to be there. I have shot at Allcorn Creek. It's not fancy, but it is nice. Be sure to pack plenty of fluids.

May I suggest checking grocery or furniture stores for big boxes to tear apart and use as backers.

Those directions are very accurate. Print a copy if you aren't familiar with the area.

Kinny 06-17-2005 19:36

Depends if I come back in time from China or not. If I come back on a Friday, then I'm definitely in.

45g21 06-17-2005 21:01

Justin

College Station Area

Glock 33, Glock 31 (maybe by then), Ruger Mark II, Ruger Redhawk .44mag, Colt HBAR, AK47, Remington 870 12 Gauge

I will work on a picture.

geminicricket 06-17-2005 21:05

I'll make room on my schedule and try to be there.

It's not too far out of the way to meet some folks, and since I do appreciate all the condolences so many people extended to me through cyberspace last week, I'll take opportunity to extend handshakes and, yes, hugs in real life.

cmb2874 06-18-2005 01:39

1 Attachment(s)
I shall be there. And I believe my father will be coming.

Clint Barr & James Barr
North Dallas Area

1 Kimber Eclipse .45
1 Kimber Warrior .45
1 Glock 35
1 Glock 17
1 HK USPc 9mm
1 Rem. 700 .308
1 Savage Tactical .223
1 Cav Arms SBR .223
1 Berretta Defender 12 Gauge

and maybe:
1 Colt M4A1 .223
1 HK 91 Clone .308
1 JP Custom 6.8mm

All will be available for everyone to shoot.
I would also like to jump on a carpool or drive one if possible.

Clint Barr
214 585 2347

A GIANT pic of me and the mrs. I def. got the good end of the deal! The pic is about 2 years old, I have gotten a lot uglier and she hasnt changed a bit.

ZR2Chevy22 06-18-2005 13:34

I think I missed the time... what would be to time for this?

Andrew

AggiePhil 06-18-2005 13:49

Good call, Andrew. A time might be the only thing I forgot to include. ;i I might have done it on purpose though, cause it might be best to see who all is going to be coming from where and then pick a time based on that. I would probably say sometime around 10:00 or 11:00 though. It'll take the DFW and San Antonio folks somewhere around 3 hours, and I'd hate them to have to leave earlier than 7:00 or 8:00. Unless they're just complete masochists and would WANT to leave at 6:00. ;i

What do y'all think about a time?

Slotback 06-18-2005 14:58

10:30 or 11. That way the DFW/Houston/SA/Austin folks don't have to get up too early.

AggiePhil 06-18-2005 15:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Matt19
10:30 or 11. That way the DFW/Houston/SA/Austin folks don't have to get up too early.
Let's say 11:00, then we can take a lunch break at 1:00 or 1:30. Sound good?

Altaris 06-19-2005 21:40

I may have a new job here in the coming weeks(would have to move too), so I have to see what happens with that before can say yes or no.
Being an Aggie, I know how to get there, and if the new job doesn't get in the way I will be there.