Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2013 Taxes...What'd you pay? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519860)

XDRoX 02-16-2014 10:49

2013 Taxes...What'd you pay?
 
Wife just did the taxes. I made $75k.
We ended up paying just shy of $3600. This is for both fed and state combined.
Not bad I guess. Maybe I have been voting wrong all this time?

fnfalman 02-16-2014 10:53

I'm confused. You paid in an additional $3600 after your tax forms were done? Or you paid a total of $3600 for the whole year?

XDRoX 02-16-2014 10:55

I paid a total of $3600 for the whole year.

8-Ball 02-16-2014 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 21015363)
I paid a total of $3600 for the whole year.

Ummm... I made significantly less than you and I paid over four times that. How did you manage that?

fnfalman 02-16-2014 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 21015363)
I paid a total of $3600 for the whole year.

Jesus, you have like ten kids to write off?

Zonny 02-16-2014 11:03

5% tax bracket? Must be nice.

Michael Rye 02-16-2014 11:06

This can't be right. A lot of info is missing here.

XDRoX 02-16-2014 11:07

So I'm not crazy. I knew it sounded good.
I have three kids and a wife that doesn't work, I guess that's what did it?????

XDRoX 02-16-2014 11:10

Maybe I'm not calculating something right. I looked in box 1 and I assume that's what I made. $75k.
I looked in boxes 2 and 17 to see what I paid in fed and state taxes. I subtracted that number from our return that we are going to get. Ended up paying $3600 total for the year.

Jackalo626 02-16-2014 11:10

Not sure what you did but the tax code is built in tiers and unless you have significant deductions then this doesn't add up. I have a couple members of my family that are CPA's.

686Owner 02-16-2014 11:12

Does that include local taxes (city/county?) What about real estate taxes?

Either way, I made less and paid more in taxes.

XDRoX 02-16-2014 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackalo626 (Post 21015405)
Not sure what you did but the tax code is built in tiers and unless you have significant deductions then this doesn't add up. I have a couple members of my family that are CPA's.

We deducted our property tax, mortgage interest, and expenses for our rental. That and three kids and a wife that doesn't work and this is what it came out to :dunno:

8-Ball 02-16-2014 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 21015404)
Maybe I'm not calculating something right. I looked in box 1 and I assume that's what I made. $75k.
I looked in boxes 2 and 17 to see what I paid in fed and state taxes. I subtracted that number from our return that we are going to get. Ended up paying $3600 total for the year.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they take out for fed and state?

Michael Rye 02-16-2014 11:15

This isn't adding up. Taking your tax return out of the conversation for a sec, you make 75k a year? You live in San Diego? You have three kids and a wife who doesn't work?


How in the world do you afford to live on what you make? Do you have money from an inheritance or something?


75k is just not a lot of money, especially for that location and your situation.


Just curious.

Zonny 02-16-2014 11:16

You'd better run those numbers again. Something's wrong. Did you have huge medical bills? You have a large mortgage? A big loss? Did you use tax prep software?

XDRoX 02-16-2014 11:16

I also want to know if we did them correctly. It sounds too good to be true. Our return is going to be $12,852. I paid $16,452. Looks like I need to have them take out way less next year.

Zonny 02-16-2014 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8-Ball (Post 21015414)
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they take out for fed and state?

Has no bearing on his tax obligation.

XDRoX 02-16-2014 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonny (Post 21015425)
You'd better run those numbers again. Something's wrong. Did you have huge medical bills? You have a large mortgage? A big loss? Did you use tax prep software?

No medical bills. Very little mortgage. Well little for San Diego. We are 10 years into our 30 year loan. We owe around $250k on our house. Our rental house is paid off. My wife used TurboTax.

Zonny 02-16-2014 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 21015427)
I also want to know if we did them correctly. It sounds too good to be true. Our return is going to be $12,852. I paid $16,452. Looks like I need to have them take out way less next year.

What was your situation last year? Compare them.

8-Ball 02-16-2014 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonny (Post 21015433)
Has no bearing on his tax obligation.

My question was out of curiosity.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.