Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Medical Examiner: Adam Lanza not on medication at Sandy Hook massacre (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507909)

Atlas 10-30-2013 04:36

Medical Examiner: Adam Lanza not on medication at Sandy Hook massacre

Not what I would have expected..

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,1098095.story

wolf19r 10-30-2013 04:39

I guess some are just naturally that messed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

JBnTX 10-30-2013 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf19r (Post 20725513)

I guess some are just naturally that messed up.

Some people are just pure evil. They have no respect for human life, not even their own.

I'm convinced that today's society is creating these people by the bus load every day.

The current humanistic anti-God attitude, hedonism and its demand for instant gratification, all together with a serious lack of personal responsibility are the main reasons for our social and moral decline.

And it's going to get worse, a lot worse.

Atlas 10-30-2013 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 20725523)
The current anti-God attitude, the demand for instant gratification and a serious lack of personal responsibility are the main reasons for our social and moral decline.

Perhaps...
Or is it possible that these things are symptoms of a larger societal decline?

JBnTX 10-30-2013 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlas (Post 20725526)
Perhaps...
Or is it possible that these things are symptoms of a larger societal decline?

Most definitely!

I must stop there because I don't want to create a firestorm of controversy and get banned for life, not only from this website but from the entire internet.

Green Dragoon 10-30-2013 05:20

Quote:

Some people are just pure evil. They have no respect for human life, not even their own.

I'm convinced that today's society is creating these people by the bus load every day.

The current humanistic anti-God attitude, hedonism and its demand for instant gratification, all together with a serious lack of personal responsibility are the main reasons for our social and moral decline.

agreed

johnson8861 10-30-2013 05:43

I am sure the horse is beat to a pulp by now.

BlackPaladin 10-30-2013 05:47

How about dirtbag was mentally ill and NOT USING his medication? I would guess something of that nature to be very possible.

Severe mental illness patients sometimes just go cold turkey on their meds because they don't like how the meds make them feel. I really wish the mental institutions could be brought back in some form. There are people that do not belong in jail, but are to dangerous to be on their own also.

Adjuster 10-30-2013 05:58

I was under the impression when the shooting happened that he was off his mental medications and that's why he snapped. Isn't that what usually happens in these situations?

/

BradD 10-30-2013 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPaladin (Post 20725572)
How about dirtbag was mentally ill and NOT USING his medication? I would guess something of that nature to be very possible.

Good chance that's true.

Quote:

Severe mental illness patients sometimes just go cold turkey on their meds because they don't like how the meds make them feel.
They often say that's the reason, but it's usually not, according to the research by Amador. Anosognosia is almost always the reason. It's a symptom of the mental illness that prevents the person from perceiving that he has the illness. Their perception of not needing the meds is just as real as a well person's perception that he doens't need them. Imagine if someone tries to get you to "take this pill" for some psychiatric problem you don't think you have. Over half of schizophrenics and bipolar people have this.

That's why they're so screwed up all the time. I know several mentally ill people who take their meds, and you could probably barely recognize that they have a mental illness. One of them in particular--a fairly severe bipolar fellow--is an outstanding person, and I'm confident most people outside the family have no clue he has the disorder.

Quote:

I really wish the mental institutions could be brought back in some form. There are people that do not belong in jail, but are to dangerous to be on their own also.
There's another option: Assisted Outpatient Treatment. Some states are doing better at this.

http://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/index.php

CAcop 10-30-2013 07:29

Not surprised at all. Crazy person doing crazy things when not taking meds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Cybercowboy 10-30-2013 07:40

I would have been more surprised had he been taking his meds.

KevinFACE 10-30-2013 08:03

Quote:

Why must you bring your fictional character into this?

NMG26 10-30-2013 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 20725585)
I was under the impression when the shooting happened that he was off his mental medications and that's why he snapped. Isn't that what usually happens in these situations?

/

^^^ yup

DanaT 10-30-2013 08:04

Quote:

Halloween is tomorrow.

JMS 10-30-2013 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPaladin (Post 20725572)

Severe mental illness patients sometimes just go cold turkey on their meds because they don't like how the meds make them feel. I really wish the mental institutions could be brought back in some form. There are people that do not belong in jail, but are to dangerous to be on their own also.

x2. I blame the mother as well, she knew that her son was mentally ill, so not only did she decide it was a good idea to have multiple weapons in the house (that he could obviously access) but she decided to take him to the range and teach him how to be proficient with them. Ideally she would have recognized that a mentally ill person has no business around firearms and for his own safety, her safety and everyone else's safety foregone having them. She was either in denial or a looney toon herself.

Peace Warrior 10-30-2013 08:08

I "love" the way the article started, "The state has released..." :upeyes:

ETA: Be a good komrade and believe everything else we tell you about the Sandy Hook event.

NMG26 10-30-2013 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 20725789)
Halloween is tomorrow.

I see what you are doing there..........:supergrin:

gommer 10-30-2013 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAcop (Post 20725711)
Not surprised at all. Crazy person doing crazy things when not taking meds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

This.

Paul53 10-30-2013 13:01

Palladin got it right. Bipolars and Schizos in particular try to wean themselves down or off their meds. The meds may control the symptoms, but the meds themselves make the patients feel lousy. Revolving door for ER's and psych units.

*ASH* 10-30-2013 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 20725585)

/

yeah me too , you have several people who think every tragedy is caused by anti -depressants :upeyes::upeyes:

HollowHead 10-30-2013 13:09

Quote:

People like Lanza are born, not made. To blame society is simply passing the buck. HH

ray9898 10-30-2013 13:32

Why is it shocking there are crazy people in the world? Not everything needs an excuse.

Dragoon44 10-30-2013 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFACE (Post 20725783)
Why must you bring your fictional character into this?

Maybe because the founding fathers brought God into first. They were clear that the govt. They created was only sufficient for a moral and religious people.

But then you're so much smarter than them aren't you?

Bruce H 10-30-2013 13:46

Until humans understand there are dangerously deficient humans and that life isn't special we will have these problems. Every one of these school and theater shooting idiots should have been dead a long time ago.