Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   1911 Forums (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Ruger Customer Service-WOW! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507830)

ashecht 10-29-2013 10:07

Ruger Customer Service-WOW!

called Ruger on 10/24 inquiring what could be done about a scratch on the slide of my SR1911 Commander as well as some erratic ejections. Had a return overnight label in my email within 10 min. Gun got to Ruger on 10/25. Called today, slide has already been re-bead blasted and waiting on test fire today. Should ship back to me tomorrow. They couldn't be any quicker! Just outstanding customer service!

itstime 10-29-2013 10:44

Can't beat that at all. Testimony's like this make me look harder at company's mentioned. Nothing is worse than spending hard earned money only to find down the road it may not end well.

Just curious, what caused the scratch? New out of the box or something else?

Paul7 10-29-2013 11:21

Let me just say your experience was better than mine.

ashecht 10-29-2013 12:13

Not sure what caused scratch. Wasn't mis handling on my part since I am anally careful with my guns. Not to mention it was on the top of the slide. Could have been an erratic ejection, not sure.

ashecht 10-29-2013 12:13

Paul, what was your experience?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 10-29-2013 14:42

I dealt with them on a gun a few years back. Best customer service I ever got from a gun company

bac1023 10-29-2013 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashecht (Post 20723502)
called Ruger on 10/24 inquiring what could be done about a scratch on the slide of my SR1911 Commander as well as some erratic ejections. Had a return overnight label in my email within 10 min. Gun got to Ruger on 10/25. Called today, slide has already been re-bead blasted and waiting on test fire today. Should ship back to me tomorrow. They couldn't be any quicker! Just outstanding customer service!

That's great service indeed. :cool:

glock2740 10-29-2013 15:42

Kudos to Ruger. :thumbsup:

rednoved 10-29-2013 15:44

Nice!

bac1023 10-29-2013 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul7 (Post 20723684)
Let me just say your experience was better than mine.

I've heard mostly good about Ruger, but a bad experience pops up here and there, I guess.

brownsbacker 10-29-2013 18:12

Real nice time, I haven't been so lucky with a new toy I bought. TNW ASR(aero assault rifle) got it in 9mm and it takes Glock mags, it is set up on a ar-15 platform, the charging handle was real hard to pull back. Sent it out and they received it 10-4, I called early last week and was told they just started working on it, nothing yet . I know I am a martyr for buying something unproven-But dang it somebody has to work the kinks out of these new things.

janice6 10-29-2013 18:15

A while ago I had a very good experience with Ruger CS. I was also very impressed with their solution to my problem.

Raven1967 10-29-2013 19:32

Ruger service has always been great for me,that's why I keep buying their products.

Paul53 10-29-2013 19:44

Guess they don't like people named Paul!
Ruger P95 bought NIB. Wouldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds before jamming or stove piping, tried several different brands of ammo with same result.

Called Ruger, gruff service rep said send it back (I didn't know to ask for a shipping label). They replaced some parts, sent it back with the same problem.

So back it goes, back it comes with a note "within specs."

Still untrustworthy, I sold it for a song to a gunsmith.

Left a bad taste in my mouth about Ruger. It was the first gun I owned, but I learned to shoot courtesy of the NM Corrections Dept, so it wasn't limp wristing.

fnfalman 10-29-2013 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul53 (Post 20724852)
Guess they don't like people named Paul!
Ruger P95 bought NIB. Wouldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds before jamming or stove piping, tried several different brands of ammo with same result.

Called Ruger, gruff service rep said send it back (I didn't know to ask for a shipping label). They replaced some parts, sent it back with the same problem.

So back it goes, back it comes with a note "within specs."

Still untrustworthy, I sold it for a song to a gunsmith.

Left a bad taste in my mouth about Ruger. It was the first gun I owned, but I learned to shoot courtesy of the NM Corrections Dept, so it wasn't limp wristing.

I have had to send five of my revolvers back for various issues. Ruger took care of everything. I just wish that I didn't have to send any brand new gun back for QAQC issues. Even my Tauruses have not had gotten sent back.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

rockymtnhorror 10-30-2013 20:54

I have an LCP that didn't like to feed the first round of hollowpoint. I emailed them last Wednesday, and got a response within about 20 minutes instructing me to call and the would issue an RMA. I called the next morning and got a perfectly charming rep on the phone within about 30 seconds. She issued the RMA and sent me a prepaid overnight UPS airbill. I sent it on Friday, it was delivered Monday. Tuesday afternoon I got notice that it had been shipped back to me via 2 day, and I should have it tomorrow.

Great service-now to see if it works.

Glock made me pay my own freight out to them, but at least they paid for the return.

Got it back, and the problem was that the recoil spring was on the guide rod improperly. I'd normally take the blame, but I hadn't removed the spring when I field stripped it. I did buy it used, so I guess the previous owner had done it. It works fine now.

Paul7 10-31-2013 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashecht (Post 20723817)
Paul, what was your experience?

I had a complete POS LCP that went back to the factory three times before they gave up on in and sent me a refund. They argued with me about it, said I should buy a bunch of different types of .380 ammo to see which one worked (this was during the severe ammo shortage). I'm sorry, but a new gun should work with any factory ammo.

If I can say something positive about Ruger, I do have an LCR for carry that I really like.

Jim Watson 10-31-2013 11:02

"Good Customer Service" seems to be defined on the internet as a willingness to sell a defective product followed by the ability to convince you they are doing you a favor by fixing it.
I like to hear about the sort of service described as "I took it out of the box and it looks good and shoots great."

Paul7 10-31-2013 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Watson (Post 20728861)
"Good Customer Service" seems to be defined on the internet as a willingness to sell a defective product followed by the ability to convince you they are doing you a favor by fixing it.
I like to hear about the sort of service described as "I took it out of the box and it looks good and shoots great."

Exactly, sending a defective gun back to the customer numerous times is terrible customer service.

Two Guns 10-31-2013 15:37

I am an other who has had great CS from Ruger.