Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   HK Customer Service (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507452)

Fireman1291 10-25-2013 19:40

HK Customer Service

Read the description below the video for the saga that is....the broken USP. lol

itstime 10-25-2013 20:30

Tagged

Fireman1291 10-25-2013 20:41

LOL Hkpro mods keep deleting it. How pathetic are they?

Wyoming 10-25-2013 20:43

Believe it or not they are getting better. They at least talked to you. Improvement.

They fixed it and had it back to you in seven days. Big improvement.

They charged you for repair where other manufactures would not have.

In the mid 1970's I bought a H&K 91 with polygonal barrel. At the time it was a .50 cent additional option. I like it well enough that I bought the collapsible stock and a lot of accessories for both rifles. A year went by and I finally got through to someone. He said they don't offer the polygonal barrel any more. They held up everything for something that was never going to happen!

They gave me an extra 20 round magazine at the time cost $12.50 and were aluminum.

When the plastic tip on the cocking handle broke I had to buy it. I don't remember what it cost but can you say "farganugen".

When I wanted an ambidextrous safety for a 45 USPc because I am left handed they would not sell me one. This was pre internet and I had to make several long distance calls to locate. This was when a long distance phone call was so much the first minute to start and by the minute there after.

I sold the H&K 91 rifles years ago because H&K or anyone else ever came up with a ambidextrous safety. I don't miss them.

I have five H&K pistols that I bought used. I am please with them but they are safe queens.

itstime 10-25-2013 20:51

My only story is I'm a lefty also. Had the urge for a USPc9 in V2 for me. Couldn't find one anywhere.

Thought I would call them to see if they could order one or make one and get it to me through legal channels.

Answer. No

Option: go buy one in V1. Send it to them on my dime. Charge me labor and parts to switch it over. Really!!!!!

Wyoming 10-25-2013 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstime (Post 20715812)
My only story is I'm a lefty also. Had the urge for a USPc9 in V2 for me. Couldn't find one anywhere.

Thought I would call them to see if they could order one or make one and get it to me through legal channels.

Answer. No

Option: go buy one in V1. Send it to them on my dime. Charge me labor and parts to switch it over. Really!!!!!

Or find one on Gun Broker.

Four of five H&K pistols are Gun Broker and the other I bought off a neighbor. All used so H&K didn't make any money. This wasn't done out of spite just worked out that way.

You can also find H&K safeties in eBay sometime.

Ran into a left hand only once at a gun store. I have a couple of right hand safeties. Owner would not trade even or sell his left hand only at a decent price. He is no longer in business.

BTW, one is a P7 squeeze cocker, works out well right or left hand as is. This is German Police surplus to go along with the Walther P5 and SIG P6.

M2 Carbine 10-25-2013 21:37

I don't even consider buying a HK, any HK, because of their terrible customer service (in years past).

I have two HK P9S pistols. 9mm and 45ACP.

Rather, I have a 45 but the 9m is in the junk box.

Some years back I called HK to try and order a few parts for the 9mm.
They hung up on me four time.
About the fifth call I got through to someone that said, "We have the parts but won't sell them to you. You have to order the parts from a "authorized HK dealer".

Turns out the only HK "authorized" dealer around wouldn't order the parts because the dealer said,
"HK is a pain in the ass to deal with, so we don't".

I can put up with a bug in the product once in a while but I won't put up with terrible customer service.

EAA is another company I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Rinspeed 10-26-2013 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2 Carbine (Post 20715890)
EAA is another company I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Don't hold back Buck, tell us how you really feel. :supergrin:

Fireman1291 10-26-2013 06:00

Well I hope they update the warranty on their "suppressor ready tacticooool" model someday.......

plouffedaddy 10-26-2013 07:00

I have a few H&Ks but I won't buy another as I had to send one back for service. It was almost as bad as dealing with Kimber...

H&K makes excellent guns----0 doubt about that. But, so do a lot of other companies (many with less cost to the consumer). With several of those competitors having excellent CS I just don't see myself going back to H&K.

...and yes, the HK forum over there is nuts. I used to be a member but God forbid you ever say anything but glowing things about their guns!

At least here when I put up threads about issues with a Glock (okay, I've only done this once but I've only had one problematic Glock...) folks respond intelligently and mods don't FREAK out.

Bruce M 10-26-2013 09:56

Glad I have never even thought about that forum.

JuneyBooney 10-26-2013 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman1291 (Post 20715673)
Read the description below the video for the saga that is....the broken USP. lol

Heckler and Koch Customer Service - YouTube

Nice pistol. That really was not that bad of a price for what they gave in the repairs done..

Larry V 10-26-2013 14:32

Heres a newsflash to anyone who Hasn't dealt with HK customer service lately. There service is fantastic. Best service I have gotten from any retailer period. I sent my HK45 HK45c and USP45 down to HK to have Light LEM triggers installed. I shipped them out on a Monday morning, they arrived at HK on Tuesday and HK did the work and shipped them out That same afternoon. I got them back Wednesday afternoon around 2pm. 2 days turnaround time is amazing and the guns function flawlessly. They were also very good on the phone answering the questions I had. They have my loyalty for sure

itstime 10-26-2013 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry V (Post 20717068)
Heres a newsflash to anyone who Hasn't dealt with HK customer service lately. There service is fantastic. Best service I have gotten from any retailer period. I sent my HK45 HK45c and USP45 down to HK to have Light LEM triggers installed. I shipped them out on a Monday morning, they arrived at HK on Tuesday and HK did the work and shipped them out That same afternoon. I got them back Wednesday afternoon around 2pm. 2 days turnaround time is amazing and the guns function flawlessly. They were also very good on the phone answering the questions I had. They have my loyalty for sure

Free or did they charge you?

bac1023 10-26-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce M (Post 20716612)
Glad I have never even thought about that forum.

I'm a member there, but hardly ever post.

m2hmghb 10-26-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry V (Post 20717068)

That isn't a repair, that's custom work. There is quite a difference.

Larry V 10-26-2013 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstime (Post 20717077)
Free or did they charge you?

They charged me, no big deal. I wanted to go from Da/Sa to Light LEM. Of course they are going to charge for the service. I had no problem paying for it. The Light LEM is an amazing trigger system

NEOH212 10-26-2013 16:34

First off, if there were no details left out of the story and things actually happened the way they were presented, the HK rep should have gotten the story straight and not twisted the OP's words around.

Second of all, I don't really see what the OP is so upset about. The gun was designed and tested to be used with certain suppressors. Why should HK warranty something that was clearly used outside of it's design limits?

The failure isn't HK's fault at all. That's the reason they have a list of approved suppressors to be used with that pistol. That way it avoids these kind of problems.

As far as HK evaluating other suppressors for use with their guns, it's not a bad idea. However, my guess as to why those two models were selected was probably they were the ones in use by the majority of LE or Military at the time.

I'll give you a analogy. Lets say I purchase a saws all. I know it's a saw and will cut things. I have a idea of what kind of work it's intended for. Lets then say I use it full time to cut down trees and to cut through 3" steel bar stock.

My guess is it was never designed for this kind of use. If I used it in these applications and it failed, it would be pretty darn ignorant of me to blame the OEM and expect them to ship it back to them and repair it all on their dime.

I've never had a problem with HK customer service in recent years. There was a time they were less than stellar but they have greatly improved. I'm sorry you feel you had a bad experience but I would say you caused your own problem.

If you were aware that HK didn't recommend the suppressor you were using, that's your own fault. You took a risk and got burned.

NMGlocker 10-27-2013 08:53

I've received excellent customer service from H&K, including both free and heavily discounted parts. I've had the rep/gunsmith send me parts (free) from his workbench stash when the "for sale" parts were backordered so I could get my gun back up and running.
I also had the gunsmith give me some hints and tips on making the repair easier (the "secret" to installing the trigger spring).
In my experience their CS is easily the equal of S&W and Glock.

barth 10-27-2013 09:31

I've never had to send my six HKs in for any service of any kind;
USP Tactical 45, P30 40, twin P2000 357s, P2000SK 40.

Quality interaction with HK-CS,
while ordering hard to get parts at exceptional prices,
has been my only experience.

Six of my last seven handguns purchased have been HK.
And the are mostly all I carry for self defense.