Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fit mom pic with 3 kids spurs anger (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1506386)

ithaca_deerslayer 10-15-2013 12:10

Fit mom pic with 3 kids spurs anger

This woman worked to get in shape and has 3 kids. Some people don't like how she looks.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/hot...192149769.html

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/wD...our-Excuse.jpg

And this was her reply to those nay-sayers:
“I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”

Oh, and she watches no tv. While at the park with her kids she also exercises instead of planting her face into the keyboard of a smartphone.

Cybercowboy 10-15-2013 12:16

This kind of reminds me of what one of my sisters posted on Facebook recently. She and her husband (who are both chubby) were out walking on a hiking trail and a fit woman with a European accent of some sort passed them and they had a brief conversation. During this conversation my sister's husband mentioned that they both had doughnuts before the hike.

This mortified my sister. All the other women (and some men) responding to that post agreed that her husband made a very big faux pas and should be chastised accordingly. I thought it was hilarious, that she'd get upset about being outed as one who eats like crap and is therefore a chubby chubster.

Rabbi 10-15-2013 12:18

No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people opposed to you.

Screw em'

hpracing007 10-15-2013 12:22

Fat women going to hate, oh it's my genetics or some other excuse.

Dennis in MA 10-15-2013 12:23

I tell everyone when I have donuts for bfst, too. Of course, they aren't those nasty things from Dunkies or the supermarket. Real, fresh made donuts. I'm not spilling the beans, I'm celebrating!

M2 Carbine 10-15-2013 12:33

Quote:

controversial photo of herself that has prompted a cavalcade of Facebook critics to accuse her of fat shaming women.
"critics"???
You mean jealous A-holes.

Quote:

No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people opposed to you.

Screw em'
Screw em is right.

aplcr0331 10-15-2013 12:33

No way in hell those complaints are coming from men.

Sheesh.

ithaca_deerslayer 10-15-2013 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis in MA (Post 20691982)
I tell everyone when I have donuts for bfst, too. Of course, they aren't those nasty things from Dunkies or the supermarket. Real, fresh made donuts. I'm not spilling the beans, I'm celebrating!

I love donuts. Was just in the grocery store with my son. Let him pick about $3 worth of junk food. PEZ (Darth Maul), and a bag of chips was his pick. Then we hit the donut isle. He waffled for a while, then decided to keep his original picks :)

I was getting weak in the knees. Could see me and him easily downing a dozen in the car.

Mostly I've been good on my diet, and not hungry. No cravings. But lingering in the donut isle, with those fresh smells there, the tasty donuts an arm's reach away, and my son taking his sweet time deciding if he wants any :wavey:

ateamer 10-15-2013 12:36

Same thing happens with guys. If you are big, really strong and disciplined, the slugs and slobs accuse you of being on steroids. If you are trim, lean and run marathons, the fatassed failed high school football players make fun of you for being skinny.

PaLEOjd 10-15-2013 12:36

She looks great. no need for anybody to be angry or jealous. If the complainers would put the time in working out and taking care of themselves, they could look like that too.

eb07 10-15-2013 12:37

Mainstream society/media is trying to push fat, gay,and stupid as the new norms. Welcome to the new America where if you are against or the opposite of either of the three above, you are discriminatory and should be shamed.

ateamer 10-15-2013 12:42

I loved that one comment...can't exercise because of fibromyalgia. The disease that fits whatever symptoms you want, but the most important factor is that for the diagnosis to be valid, lots of people have to hear the patient's constant whining.

GlockinNJ 10-15-2013 12:43

MILF-a-riffic!

She has incredible discipline. It's not just the exercise of course, it's the diet discipline. When my kids were small, I packed on 20 lbs just by eating the leftover chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese that they didn't finish.

Kudos to her!

Cool Hand Luke 10-15-2013 12:44

I used to date a girl that would criticize more attractive/fit women. It is really unattractive.

Dennis in MA 10-15-2013 12:51

She's ugly - I think her left boob is crooked. Toss her in the scrapheap.

*ASH* 10-15-2013 12:52

haters gonna hate . looks great .

SC Tiger 10-15-2013 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis in MA (Post 20692058)

I'm guessing the "scrapheap" is what Dennis calls his house...:rofl:

GlockinNJ 10-15-2013 12:56

Quote:

You need glasses.

With 3 kids under 3 yrs old, it looks like hubby can't keep his hands off her. Lucky man.

ronin.45 10-15-2013 12:57

Quote:

Only if by scrapheap, you mean my place.:embarassed:

ChuteTheMall 10-15-2013 13:01

I'd........yes, I would.:cool:

Although her teef are a bit jacked up.

Santa CruZin 10-15-2013 13:03

You can almost hear the haters spitting their indignation through the donuts crammed in their mouths.

mhambi 10-15-2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa CruZin (Post 20692098)
You can almost hear the haters spitting their indignation through the donuts crammed in their mouths.

crumbs flying everywhere. :rofl:

btr 10-15-2013 14:06

I bet she has a happy husband! Good for her.

PBCounty 10-15-2013 14:13

Not that I find that woman even marginally attractive - but that's the kind of body that will piss off a lot of women. That said, the poster did ask what another's excuse is - so responses are justified.

deputy tom 10-15-2013 14:25

Good for her and to hell with the haters. tom. :cool: